Trinitas Ventures is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trinitas Ventures about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee or representative at Trinitas Ventures via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place and approved by Human Resource for this position will be deemed the sole property of Trinitas Ventures. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Trinitas Ventures as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Principal Objective of Position:
The Manager, Development Design and Management, provides support to the Development Team in the planning, design of real estate projects. This position engages in tasks that are required to take a project from concept through preparation for construction, coordination with construction and management team. This position aligns with Ownership, Development Leadership, Construction Leadership and Preconstruction to deliver quality, reliable development services across multiple projects concurrently.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Coordinate, request, analyze and organize various site due diligence studies from third party providers, including will-serve letters, environmental reports, geotechnical reports, ALTA surveys, etc.
• Obtain, analyze and organize entitlement documents (permits, zoning, fees, easements, bonds, etc.) and aid in coordination of such documents with other company functional areas.
• Research local permits, fees, development or building and licensing requirements. Provide and update a ‘Permit Memo’ document to communicate to project stakeholders the status of such entitlement documents. Update permit, utility, and other project memos as needed.
• Act as liaison and point of contact between local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) and the company during the entitlement process.
• Manage professional service providers — architect, engineer, environmental, geotechnical, project attorneys, etc. Ensure project contracts are in place, properly executed, properly filed and properly entered into accounting system.
• Manage the design of new projects by organizing design team meetings and provide feedback and guidance to ownership during design.
• Coordinate payments to professional services providers to ensure all invoices are coded, approved, paid, and processed accurately and timely.
• Assist in creating and maintaining the development and design specifications and ensure the most current version is utilized as each project commences.
• Assist in completing necessary forms and assemble information packages for zoning requests and permitting.
• Assist in the development of construction budgets for prospective projects and update such budgets as project design changes and better cost assumptions are learned.
• Follow established design document filing and organization procedure.
• Coordinate with other functional departments (e.g., construction, accounting, property management, finance, legal, HR, etc.) to ensure timely completion of project related matters.
• Assist in developing, implementing, and managing systems and processes for the Development team.
• Assist with market research and mapping for potential new project sites and other phases of the development process as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related business/engineering field or the equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in real estate development, planning, or engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
• Proficient knowledge of facility planning, design and construction processes.
• Ability to create and understand construction budgets and the costs associated with facility construction. This will require an in-depth understanding of spreadsheets, unit costs, quantity take-offs, etc.
• Ability to interpret technical findings and clearly communicate the impact to the development team.
• Ability to properly read and interpret Environmental Site Assessments and communicate to the Development team.
• Knowledge and understanding of public approval processes for real estate development – rezoning, utility approvals, easements, building permits, etc.
• Working knowledge of professional services contracts.
• Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals at all organizational levels and from various backgrounds and fields of expertise including internal clients, architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, and co-workers.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.
• 7+ years of experience in real estate development, planning or engineering preferred.
• An understanding of geology and geotechnical information so that proper interpretations of technical reports can be conducted is desired.
• Knowledge of environmental issues that impact real estate is desired.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Office environment with moderate noise level.
• Monthly Travel to each project is projected. Depending on project quantity and timing, this can be >50%/month.