Trinitas Ventures is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trinitas Ventures about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee or representative at Trinitas Ventures via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place and approved by Human Resource for this position will be deemed the sole property of Trinitas Ventures. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Trinitas Ventures as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Principal Objective of Position:
The Construction Field Engineer will be tasked with assisting the Project Engineer and Lead Superintend in managing the construction schedule, purchasing, change order reviews, construction documents and drawings, construction logs, overseeing multiple trades and performing coordination activities as necessary to help maintain an efficient construction timeline.
• Ensure all projects are performed in accordance with contractual and quality standards.
• Assist in managing daily work activities and take necessary action to assure that the project objectives for cleanliness, safety, budget, schedule, quality and process are met.
• Track, organize, and maintain daily paperwork including timecards, field reports, schedule updates and email correspondence to keep all necessary parties informed of important issues.
• Attend pre-construction, progress, and other project and staff meetings.
• Provide assistance to sub-contractors when necessary in order for them to complete jobs on time and in compliance with quality and workmanship standards.
• Create and follow up on punch list items as the individual trades and project nears completion.
• Assist in tracking and maintaining construction logs for RFIs, ASIs, Change Orders, and inspections.
• Relaying information to and from the subcontractors and vendors.
• Organize and set up weekly subcontractor meetings.
• Track meeting minutes and key items.
• Organize and track daily construction activities.
• Assist with managing the submittal process with subcontractors and vendors.
• Assist with the close out of subcontractor’s contracts and the individual project’s completion
• Assist the Property Management staff with property turn over and subsequent occupancy
• Assist with reviewing subcontractor pay applications with field staff and accounting dept.
• Promote and maintain a culture that values professionalism, honesty, safety, and cleanliness.
• Participate in training and other forms of continuous improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field.
• Some work exposure to the construction field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Experience managing and working alongside others.
• Understanding of means and methods of construction.
• Ability to work under tight time and pressure demands.
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• Strong pro-active problem solving skills.
• Ability to foster and maintain a team environment where all members are working toward a common end goal.
• Directly assist in the successful execution of other team member’s roles and responsibilities.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite software.
• Ability to travel when necessary.
• OSHA Training strongly preferred.
• Previous experience with BlueBeam/Adobe Acrobat
• Previous experience with SureTrak
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• May be asked to work in an office setting or on a construction job site.
• Must be able to work in all types of weather.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to use close and distance vision.
• Must be able to use a computer and manipulate a keyboard.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English language to effectively communicate with others on the worksite.