Trinitas Ventures is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trinitas Ventures about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee or representative at Trinitas Ventures via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place and approved by Human Resource for this position will be deemed the sole property of Trinitas Ventures. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Trinitas Ventures as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Principal Objective of Position:
The Manager of Development works to identify potential markets for future projects and cultivates the new development pipeline in those markets in order to execute the company’s real estate development strategy.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Proactively identify, manage, and negotiate opportunities to build the deal pipeline within identified target markets.
• Collaborate and contribute to the overall real estate strategy and provide support to leadership as needed.
• Establish and cultivate relationships with brokers and land owners to find new deals.
• Compile, analyze and interpret market research data and perform general due diligence of the identified target markets and their respective development opportunities.
• Recommend development plans, strategies, and concepts for new projects.
• Recognize student housing real estate trends and make appropriate strategic adjustments in order to optimize market opportunities.
• Assist with underwriting and due diligence of new development opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with majors or significant course work in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Communication, Mathematics or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in business development, underwriting, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with people from varying levels and backgrounds.
• Ability to research, analyze, document, and record property ownership.
• Ability to approach strangers in person and on the phone.
• Ability to source opportunities for future developments.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Previous experience in Real Estate Development and/or Underwriting.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Primarily inside work with little to no exposure to elements.
• Ability to sit at and use a computer for long periods of time.
• Ability to perform basic manual dexterity activities such as using a keyboard.
• Ability to read and speak the English language fluently.
• Ability to travel as needed.