Trinitas Ventures is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trinitas Ventures about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee or representative at Trinitas Ventures via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place and approved by Human Resource for this position will be deemed the sole property of Trinitas Ventures. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Trinitas Ventures as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Principal Objective of Position:
The Preconstruction Engineer/Estimator is responsible for assisting in the management of the project pre-construction phases associated with design, budget management, bidding, and issuance of subcontracts. This position will coordinate quantity surveys, estimating and value analysis at each phase of design, ultimately preparing bid packages, bidding and scope reviews resulting in financial reviews, procurement and logistic plans. The Preconstruction Engineer/Estimator will work directly with the Preconstruction Manager/Estimators and Director, Preconstruction, while coordinating with the Construction Team, Development Manager and Ownership.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Review project documents and identify potential conflicts and constructability questions.
• Prepare material takeoffs and pricing at each phase of design development, and track variance reports at each phase.
• Assist with preparing detailed instructions to bidders and comprehensive bid packages and subcontractor bid forms.
• Generate subcontractor bidder lists and interest in the project to ensure all scopes of work are covered on bid day.
• Ensure proper bidder coverage and proper scope is included during the bidding phase
• Identify project opportunities and risks.
• Generate, monitor and enforce preconstruction schedules to ensure proper buyout, and construction starts.
• Maintain subcontractor database and relationships
• Review, extrapolate and track historical unit costs from completed bids
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent education and experience required.
• Previous experience in construction estimating and/or project management
• Experience writing and negotiating subcontracts
• Demonstrated experience in base development, capital improvements, real estate, and construction projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge and understanding of real estate development and construction, preferably within the student-housing industry.
• Strong capacity for research and problem solving.
• Ability to complete estimates within tight deadlines, while working on multi projects simultaneously
• Ability to read, interpret, and evaluate drawings and specifications.
• Candidate must possess strong decision-making, problem-solving and negotiating skills
• Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software (Sage/Timberline), on screen takeoff software, spreadsheets, bid management and communication tools, such as email and the internet.
• Experience and demonstrated with MS Word and MS Excel.
• Ability to process computer data to format and generate reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing. Understanding of construction means, methods and sequences.
• Knowledge and understanding of the intricacies of wood framed construction
• Project management related experience strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Office environment with moderate noise level.
• Ability to travel will be required for this position.