Trinitas Ventures is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trinitas Ventures about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee or representative at Trinitas Ventures via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place and approved by Human Resource for this position will be deemed the sole property of Trinitas Ventures. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Trinitas Ventures as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Principal Objective of Position:
To manage and oversee construction projects from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed within time and budgetary constraints. A comprehensive understanding of the construction process and the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment are essential.
• Create and monitor the construction schedule and timeline to ensure project phases and overall project completion occurs within required deadlines.
• Coordinate all aspects of the construction process including, but not limited to, developing scopes of work, determining and obtaining necessary permits, soliciting and approving subcontract bids and hiring subcontractors and vendors.
• Prepare contracts and negotiate contract revisions, changes and/or additions with subcontractors, vendors, and other contractors to perform their individual portions of the work.
• Communicate with project engineers and architects to resolve issues that develop during the construction process.
• Maintain direct involvement with the Development team, field staffs and local municipalities in the cities where the projects are located.
• Ensure that the assigned project is completed according to schedule and quality standards.
• Resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that have the potential to cause delays.
• Work with the other office staff and departments to maintain an efficient work flow on payment issues, lien waivers, and change orders.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in construction industry with commercial and/or large scale residential construction manager or general contractor.
• Experience managing large scale projects and subcontractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Understanding of means and methods of construction
• Understanding of how to effectively manage construction staffs to achieve high levels of productivity that meet or exceed industry norms
• Ability to work under tight time and pressure demands
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Strong pro-active problem solving skills
• Ability to foster and maintain a team environment where all members are working toward a common goal.
• Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or related field
• 30 Hour OSHA Certification
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Primarily indoor / office environment however does require some travel for regular jobsite visits to maintain a working knowledge of the project status.
• Must be able to visit projects in all types of weather
• Must be able to work in a dusty, construction environment while on jobsites.
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
• Must be able to use close and distance vision.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English language to effectively communicate with others in the office and on the worksite.