Trinitas Ventures is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trinitas Ventures about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee or representative at Trinitas Ventures via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place and approved by Human Resource for this position will be deemed the sole property of Trinitas Ventures. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Trinitas Ventures as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Principal Objective of Position:
To manage coordinate, direct, and oversee all on-site construction activities and supervise all field personnel, as required to successfully complete the assigned project on schedule and within budget. The Field Superintendent will lead and properly schedule the work of crews, equipment, and subcontractors to achieve maximum production in the most efficient manner. This position requires a highly motivated, effective and teamwork orientated individual to lead a small team of professional staff in on-site construction activities.
• Provide leadership to all onsite field personnel and subcontractors and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with all on-site staff to promote positive project morale.
• Assist in the creation and management of the construction schedule and relay regular construction progress with a critical review of upcoming activities to ensure a smooth and regular work flow.
• Assist with evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
• Monitor quality and workmanship of all sub-contractor’s work, make periodic inspections of completed work and review progress towards completing deficiencies as noted on the QA/QC log.
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing OSHA standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
• Assist the property management leasing associates in preparation of buildings for tenant move-in.
• Create and follow up on punch list items as the individual trades and project nears completion.
• Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in construction industry with a commercial and/or large scale residential construction manager or general contractor.
• Experience managing a direct hire workforce and subcontractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Understanding of means and methods of construction.
• Ability to foster and maintain a team environment where all members are working toward a common end goal.
• Ability to effectively delegate tasks and lead teams to accomplish established goals and timelines.
• Understanding of how to effectively staff self-performed work activities to achieve high levels of productivity that meet or exceed industry norms.
• Ability to work under tight time and pressure demands.
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality.
• Strong pro-active problem solving skills.
• Ability to read and understand blue prints.
• Understanding of project cost analysis.
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite and various other computer programs including the internet.
• Associate’s Degree or greater in construction management or related field strongly preferred.
• 30 Hour OSHA training strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Primarily outdoor environment.
• Must be able to work in all types of weather.
• Must be able to work in a dusty, construction environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to bend, twist, crawl, push, pull, crouch, and stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
• Must be able to use close and distance vision.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English language to effectively communicate with others on the worksite.