Trinitas Ventures is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trinitas Ventures about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee or representative at Trinitas Ventures via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place and approved by Human Resource for this position will be deemed the sole property of Trinitas Ventures. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Trinitas Ventures as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Principal Objective of Position:
The incumbent maintains and protects all aspects of the property to ensure a safe environment. Identifies and corrects problems as required. The person in this position will perform minor, routine, and complex maintenance on property and equipment as required or requested by the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager. As a representative of this company you will comply with all safety programs and procedures as well as adhere to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to property maintenance. Timeliness, efficiency & superior customer service are critical to this industry. Maintain cleanliness and order on all assignments. Procure supplies and/or parts as needed or directed by a supervisor. Perform inventory, snow removal, grounds maintenance or any other duties as required or assigned by the maintenance supervisor, property manager or corporate officer
• Performs routine and preventative maintenance on property (ies), equipment, and tools.
• Physically inspects, identifies, and corrects unsafe conditions in and around property (ies).
• Removes and properly discards debris and litter on grounds.
• Troubleshoots and performs maintenance and/or repair the following on a daily basis:
• Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
• Tile, Carpet, and Flooring
• Roofing, gutters, and fasteners
• Ceiling fixtures (ceiling and exhaust fans)
• Interior and exterior lights
• Smoke alarms
• Interior and exterior structures (stairs, gates, fences, railings, walls, doors, windows, cabinets, shutters, garages, patios, etc.)
• Door locks (installation and repair); makes keys
• Boiler, gas and electric
• Water systems
• Security systems
• Pools, Jacuzzis, and pool furniture
• Performs make-ready and annual turn details.
• Maintains grounds in a neat and orderly manner (landscaping, laundry rooms, refuse areas)
• Maintains an adequate inventory of materials and parts; procures items as needed.
• Performs minor interior and exterior painting.
• Complies with safety programs, policies, and procedures as they relate to property maintenance.
• Adheres to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to property maintenance.
• Maintains accurate and complete maintenance service and repair orders
• Maintains awareness of utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean-outs.
• Coordinates and responds to on-call requests
• Moves furniture and equipment as necessary/required.
• Properly disposes of hazardous materials in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.
• Maintains positive resident, customer relations/service attitude
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• The Maintenance Technician will regularly communicate with all necessary Trinitas Ventures employees, outside vendors and other individuals as deemed necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
• Must wear appropriate attire, including safety equipment, as designated by supervisor
• Inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff for the purpose of maintaining curb appeal.
• Accepts rents and deposits as necessary.
• Assists management with preparation of daily reports and resident communications.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Driver’s License
• Certifications desired but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Math proficiency sufficient to assist in budget preparation, expense monitoring and other maintenance needs
• Knowledge of Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements and applicable program regulations
• Experience in maintenance/repair of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and grounds maintenance in multi-family or commercial property
• Student housing experience preferred
• Some college preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
• Ability to operate a two-axle motor vehicle
• Ability to maintain 24-hour, on-call status
• Ability to operate all necessary tools/equipment to perform the essential functions of the position
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental safety standards
• Ability to perform a variety of duties in all types of weather