Trinitas Ventures is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trinitas Ventures about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee or representative at Trinitas Ventures via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place and approved by Human Resource for this position will be deemed the sole property of Trinitas Ventures. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Trinitas Ventures as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Principal Objective of Position:
To ensure proper and accurate upkeep of all resident ledgers and records to ensure the financial success of the property and organization.
• Ensure rents are collected and posted per policy and monitor delinquency.
• Post all resident charges per policy compliance.
• Post all utility bill backs and revert fees per policy compliance.
• Ensure bank deposits are made daily and reported accurately.
• Accept checks, money orders, and certified checks for daily deposits.
• Manage collections per policy.
• Work directly with local and corporate legal department to enforce evictions and other company policies as needed.
• Keep up to date on all local and federal laws as they pertain to housing and the organization.
• Ensure accuracy of ledgers and Final Account Statements are processed in a timely manner.
• Execute all Notice to Vacate, evictions, and lease re-leases and communicate with appropriate corporate staff and in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.
• Address resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
• Assist General Manager and Facilities Manager with turn process as needed.
• Assist with leasing duties as needed.
• Ensure the stable and safe operation of the property at all times and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as local, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
• Produce and/or review all daily, weekly, and monthly reports and activities associated with the position (i.e., invoices, property activity, leases, delinquencies, etc.); Submit required report to immediate supervisor and Corporate management as requested.
• Conduct periodic inspections of vacant apartments.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience Required:
• Associates Degree with focus in Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous exposure to bookkeeping, collections, and ledgers
• Minimum 1 year previous experience in Student Housing or Multi-Family Housing Industry or 1 year previous experience Assistant General Manager experience in a related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge and thorough understanding of Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements and applicable program regulations.
• Proficient math and computations skills.
• Ability to operate basic computer programs including, but not limited to, MS Office products, Internet Explorer, etc.
• Valid driver's license.
• Ability to work one weekend per month.
• Previous property management software experience
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Office work environment.
• Primarily inside work but may have to work outside occasionally.
• Mostly sedentary work, but some walking, climbing, bending, stooping, reaching, and pushing/pulling may be required on occasion.
• Requires routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, laptop, cell phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.