Principal Objective of Position:
The General Manager is fully accountable for the day to day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property; and ensuring maximum pre-lease and occupancy potential.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Regularly monitor market and internal property trends in order to ensure maximum pre-lease, retention, and occupancy potential is reached.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of local market conditions and trends and evaluate weekly market surveys implement plan of action as necessary. Ensure leasing staff develops similar knowledge.
• Hire, train, supervise, and motivate all staff at assigned property to achieve operational and leasing goals and objectives.
• Works in conjunction with the Leasing & Marketing Manager to implement the Balanced Life Program to ensure a high-quality pipeline of Community Assistant candidates to adequately staff the property.
• Perform and document appropriate employee evaluations including, but not limited to, performance reviews, corrective action reviews, and termination paperwork
• Monitor and approve payroll and time-off requests in a timely manner.
• Maintain marketing initiatives and collaborate with leasing and marketing support to develop site specific plans and initiatives.
• Perform all leasing and marketing duties as needed.
• Develop and maintain relationships with University officials and surrounding businesses, where it may assist in the success of the community.
• Assist in the formulation of projected budgets for all assigned properties.
• Ensure performance within established budgetary guidelines by analyzing and evaluating monthly variance reviews.
• Ensure rents are collected and posted per policy compliance and monitor delinquency.
• Ensure bank deposits are made daily and reported accurately.
• Approve and reconcile monthly all company credit card purchases and invoices as required, and per Company policy.
• Accept checks, money orders, and certified checks for daily deposits.
• Ensure accuracy of ledgers and Final Account Statements are processed in a timely manner.
• Monitor revenue, expenses, management contract obligations, and company obligations.
• Establish, direct, and monitor all work performed by community staff members to ensure the needs of the community and residents are being fully met.
• Ensure the stable and safe operation of the property at all times and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as local, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
• Execute all Notice to Vacate, evictions, and lease releases and communicate with appropriate corporate staff. In accordance with local and state laws.
• Walk property on a weekly basis to ensure all aspects of the property are properly kept.
• Deal with resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
• Assist in the development and implementation of resident retention events
• Ensure distribution of all company and community issued notices
• Consistently implement policies of the community to all residents
• Ensure all required permitting and licensures are up-to-day and renewed when necessary.
• Ensure shuttles are on a regular and preventive maintenance schedule.
• Monitory Courtesy Officer Logs and communication.
• Monitor and implement an effective preventative maintenance program
• Manage property risk by effectively communicating / documenting incidents and potential liabilities
• Coordinate, secure, and monitor vendor/contractor function.
• Oversee and manage the turn process and schedule to ensure timeliness, quality, and corporate standard.
• Responsible for the general upkeep and cleaning of office, clubhouse, and buildings
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Continuous communication with construction site liaison during pre-lease term where applicable
• Represent property within the community and make contacts with employers, real estate agencies, and others as part of the outreach programs.
• Produce and/or review all daily, weekly, and monthly reports and activities associated with the property (i.e., invoices, property activity, leases, delinquencies, etc.); Submit required report to Corporate management as requested.
• Conduct periodic inspections of vacant apartments.
• Maintain office supply inventory
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, or related field or Work Experience Equivalent
• Minimum 2 years previous experience in Student Housing/Multi-Family industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team to achieve established goals.
• Knowledge and thorough understanding of Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements and applicable program regulations.
• Proficient math and computations skills.
• Ability to operate basic computer programs including, but not limited to, MS Office products, Internet Explorer, etc.
• Valid driver's license.
• Ability to work occasional night and weekend events for outreach.
• Ability to work one weekend per month.
• Previous property management software experience
• Knowledge of local housing market
• Two years student housing experience preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Office work environment.
• Primarily inside work but may have to work outside occasionally.
• Mostly sedentary work, but some walking, climbing, bending, stooping, reaching, and pushing/pulling may be required on occasion.
• Requires routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, laptop, cell phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs occasionally.