Principal Objective of Position:
The Graphic Designer assists the Marketing Manager and the VP, Marketing and Leasing with essential design and marketing activities for the portfolio in order to achieve traffic and brand awareness goals and objectives set forth by the company.
• Design print ads, e-mail campaigns, online banner ads, outdoor media, brochures, direct mailers, flyers, logos and other marketing materials.
• Conceptualize and create attractive design solutions in accordance with the corporate image and style standards for a wide variety of projects.
• Balance tight deadlines with superior design.
• Conceptualize, brainstorm and create new design campaigns.
• Create template flyers and e-flyers.
• Perform basic pre-print duties (creating print ready/hi-res PDFs).
• Review, verify and analyze information (message, technical specs, etc.) in SMS and apply to design.
• Provides or manages support for company and property websites.
• Ability to work in a cross-platform environment (PC/Mac).
• Working knowledge of social media, pre-press production and photo/video operation.
• Adhere to existing style manuals, publication guidelines and university branding specifications.
• Monitor current trends (design and non-design) and concepts as it relates to the college market.
• Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
• Highly proficient in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• E-mail and web design experience a plus.
• Working HTML knowledge a plus.
• Bachelor degree required in graphic design, communication arts or related field.
• Reception area duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor Degree required in graphic design, or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Highly proficient in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Ability to effectively manage competing and conflicting demands on time
• Ability to work extended hours on occasion and when necessary to complete assigned tasks
• Experience in the student housing or multi-family housing preferred.
• E-mail and web design experience a plus
• Working HTML knowledge a plus
• Knowledge in digital media including web, video, graphics, UX/UI design, photography
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Ability to operate in a general office environment
• Ability to sit for extended periods in front of a computer
• Close vision and ability to manipulate a keyboard
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds