Principal Objective of Position:
The Senior Analyst supports the Trinitas development team through the research, underwriting, and analysis of future real estate investment opportunities. Additionally, this position supports the capital market efforts of the firm and assists in procurement activities related to debt and equity capital for Trinitas real estate investments.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Perform financial underwriting for student housing development opportunities as they arise.
• Assist in financial underwriting for more complex mixed-use development projects.
• Compile, analyze and interpret market research data and perform general due diligence of identified target markets and their respective development opportunities.
• Prepare finance package and market study documents used for project financing.
• Actively participate in capital market activities related to acquisitions.
• Assist in researching student housing real estate trends and suggest strategic adjustments if appropriate.
• Collaborate on the overall real estate strategy and provide support to leadership as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree with majors (or significant course work) in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years previous experience underwriting real estate transactions.
• 5 years previous experience underwriting real estate transactions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Strong knowledge of financial analysis methods as they apply to real estate underwriting.
• Highly proficient in using Microsoft Excel for underwriting and financial analysis.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Thorough and detail-oriented
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with people from varying levels and backgrounds.
• Time management and organizational skills.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Primarily inside work with little to no exposure to elements.
• Ability to sit at and use a computer for long periods of time.
• Ability to perform basic manual dexterity activities such as using a keyboard.
• Ability to read and speak the English language fluently.
• Ability to travel as needed.