Principal Objective of Position:
To coordinate, direct, and supervise the activities of all maintenance staff and outside vendors engaged in the maintenance and repair of all property buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment and to ensure that all maintenance activities are performed and completed safely, efficiently, and of the highest quality possible to minimize cost and maximize profitability. The Maintenance Supervisor will be required to perform maintenance duties in addition to overseeing the activities of the maintenance personnel.
• Screen, interview, and provide hiring recommendations for maintenance personnel.
• Oversee maintenance staff performance and when necessary provide coaching and/or progressive discipline in accordance with company policy and procedure and after consulting with Property Manager and Human Resources. Provide termination recommendations when necessary and after Property Manager and Human Resources consultation.
• Write and deliver performance reviews for maintenance personnel according to company performance review schedule.
• Supervise and direct the activities of all maintenance staff to ensure the safe, efficient, effective, and timely completion of tasks and responsibilities.
• Ensure that all maintenance staff and outside vendors execute all tasks in compliance with all health, safety, and OSHA programs and regulations, company policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local law and/or ordinance.
• Schedule all maintenance staff to ensure adequate coverage of maintenance needs at all times, including any potential after hours “on call” needs. Approve all maintenance employee timecards.
• Maintain all buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment based on company and property objectives and standards.
• Develop, implement, and supervise preventative maintenance programs for all buildings, equipment and resident apartments. Train maintenance staff on the management of such programs.
• Perform preventative maintenance on all facilities and systems in accordance with manufacturer recommended procedures and schedules or, in the absence of manufacturer recommended procedures and schedules, develop appropriate preventative maintenance schedules using company specified software.
• Maintain HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical systems at the assigned property in excellent working order and in compliance with
• Ensure that all federal, state, local, and Trinitas requirements and procedures for proper air conditioning and refrigeration maintenance, service, repair, and disposal are followed, met, and maintained at all times.
• Develop, implement, and supervise an inspection program for all public areas and resident apartments to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained
• Develop, schedule, coordinate, and manage the Turn Program for the property in conjunction with the property manager, property staff and Trinitas corporate staff.
• Develop, schedule, coordinate, and manage the “Turn” program in conjunction with the Property Manager, site staff, and Trinitas corporate staff.
• Direct and supervise maintenance and “turn” staff to expedite the make ready process to return units or rooms to rent-ready status within the allotted timeframe.
• Ensure compliance with Key Control procedures.
• Assist the Property Manager in the preparation and planning of the annual maintenance budget and ensure that maintenance operations remain within budgeted guidelines.
• Provide final inspection of all maintenance department work to ensure quality and completion of tasks.
• Maintain all fire and safety equipment in working order and compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law and/or ordinance.
• Arrange and coordinate annual fire safety and other state mandated inspections.
• Solicit bids from contractors and vendors and supervise all contracted to work to ensure completion and compliance with quality standards and budget.
• Develop, implement, and maintain compliance with all maintenance related emergency procedures.
• Ensure all Personal Protective Equipment for maintenance staff is in good working order and provide and document all necessary training.
• Evaluate long term maintenance related needs in relation to major projects and/or property improvements and develop plans/outline to accomplish these goals.
• Respond promptly with courtesy and efficiency to all resident requests for repairs or maintenance, including after-hours “on-call” maintenance requests.
• Maintain inventory control and security of all tools, materials, supplies, and equipment at all times.
• Solicit bids and ensure the work of outside vendors and subcontractors meets company standards for quality.
• Develop procedures and maintain records to monitor warranty and life cycle tracking of all equipment and system components.
• Maintain and inspect all pool and spa areas, equipment, water chemistry, and record-keeping in accordance with federal, state, and local law or ordinance and company policy and procedure to ensure the safety of pool and spa guests.
• Make recommendations for equipment and systems replacements.
• Maintain performance metrics to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the Maintenance work group.
• Conduct initial interviews for maintenance personnel openings and makes recommendations for hire.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 3 year previous experience in general property maintenance.
• Minimum 1 year previous supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of all phases of building, grounds, and systems maintenance.
• Ability to effectively manage competing and conflicting demands on time and attention.
• Ability to work efficiently with little to no direct supervision.
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot various systems issues to find an effective solution.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• EPA Certification Type II or above required.
• Swimming Pool Operation license/certification or equivalent or the ability to obtain within 3 months of date of hire required.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Knowledge and ability to effectively perform tasks using Microsoft Office products, Internet, and other company utilized systems, programs, and software.
• Ability to work extended hours on occasion and when necessary to complete maintenance tasks.
• Ability to be “on-call” when needed and according to a rotating on-call schedule.
• Previous experience as a Property Maintenance Supervisor.
• National CPO certification.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Inside and outside work in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop, crawl, crouch, and grasp.
• Must be able to work in varied weather climates.
• Must be able to drive a golf cart on property.