Principal Objective of Position:
The VP, Human Resources is responsible for implementing and managing progressive human resources policies, programs, and services in the areas of recruitment, hiring, succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, compensation and benefits. The VP, Human Resources will provide leadership, guidance and expertise on all Human Resources responsibilities and functions and manage and oversee the Human Resources Department staff and third party service providers (One Digital). The VP, Human Resources will be the senior leader tasked with improving individual and collective organizational effectiveness with Trinitas’ human capital, and will be a trusted advisor to the Company’s Executive Committee.
• Develop, implement and oversee human resources related policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all human resources related federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Direct and manage the recruitment and hiring processes and develop selection criteria to identify and attract top talent and meet the current and future human capital needs of the organization.
• Implement and administer the compensation and benefits programs. Recommend plan and program design changes as needed to ensure ongoing competitiveness against relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
• Oversee and administer training and development programs to address talent gaps and enhance employee knowledge of the business and company.
• Manage all complex employee relations issues, including terminations and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and company policy. Work with external providers to ensure adequate employee relations administration is executed.
• Act as a strategic advisor to executive management regarding key organizational and management issues, specifically from the perspective of impact on human capital.
• Implement programs that promote and embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and permit the full development and performance of all employees.
• Administer the Performance Management program to ensure effective review of employee performance and alignment with organizational initiatives and goals.
• Oversee organizational safety programs to ensure compliance with OSHA and Worker’s Compensation regulations.
• Oversee the HRIS database maintenance and employee records in accordance with state and federal requirements and produce reports as need to allow for the critical analysis of the HR function and human capital of the organization.
• Act as payroll backup when necessary and ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely. Perform payroll audits bi-weekly to ensure the accurate processing and reconciliation of the payroll process.
• Maintain knowledge and coordinate with One Digital to stay abreast of industry trends and federal, state and local legislation pertaining to human resources and ensure policies, procedures and practices are in line with newest requirements and trends.
• Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources Department.
• Direct and supervise the efforts of all Human Resources Department employees and One Digital services to ensure timely and accurate delivery of work and compliance with all legal requirements.
• Work with culture committee members to plan corporate and company-wide events that foster culture and build positive interactions among co-workers.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with all external vendors and partners including but not limited to One Digital, insurance companies and brokers, retirement plan administrators, financial advisors and employment attorneys.
• Orchestrates the development of staffing strategies to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
• Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
• Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
• Oversee the management of the human resource information database (HRIS) and production of necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management or related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with progressive responsibility in the human resources field at a similarly sized organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced HR Certification (SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-SCP, or equivalent) or the ability to obtain advanced HR Certification within one year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Ability to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives.
• Ability to work with a variety of organizational leaders to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics
• Ability to project the highest levels of integrity.
• Superior interpersonal communication and presentations skills.
• Proven organizational skills.
• Ability to recognize and promote diversity while being sensitive to different social, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands for time.
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and grant requirements.
• Ability to read and follow simple instructions.
• Ability to handle confrontation in a professional manner.
• Ability to lead and train others.
• Ability to function responsibly as the leader of a department.
• Ability to maintain accurate, complete, and confidential records at all times.
• Ability to use reason and logic to make sound judgments.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and read and understand financial budgetary information and/or reports.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Work, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, etc.
• Ability to learn new computer software, hardware, or programming quickly.
• 7-10 years’ experience as Human Resources Director at a similarly sized organization.
• Appropriate industry experience, preferably in the student housing market.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Work will be done primarily in a professional office environment with little to no exposure to outside weather elements.
• Flexible working options are available, including remote work.
• Ability to use standard office equipment including, but not limited to computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
• Largely a sedentary role, some filing is required.
• Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand as necessary.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to operate a computer and keyboard.