Principal Objective of Position:
The Leasing Associate is responsible and accountable for leasing apartments and providing exceptional customer service to ensure maximum occupancy and resident retention.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Greet prospective residents, determine needs and preferences, and present the property, its features, amenities, and benefits, in a professional manner.
• Establish and maintain positive rapport with prospective residents and current residents.
• Provide excellent customer service to all current and prospective residents, guests, and other customers.
• Participate fully in the preparation, administration, and execution of all Move-Ins and Move-Outs
• Execute and the Trinitas leasing process and adhere to all Trinitas policies and Fair housing laws and standards.
• Assist with resident retention efforts and the renewal process.
• Assist residents with entering work order requests and follow up with them to ensure any concerns, issues, or requested work orders are resolved to their satisfaction.
• Record all information into property management software as required.
• Assist manager with resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
• Participate in the marketing and outreach efforts to local businesses, campus events, campus organizations or groups, and local events during and after business hours as required.
• Plan, attend, document, and evaluate community wide social, recreational, and educational events.
• Conduct all functions necessary to close sales, including completing guest card information, conducting property tours, following up with all assigned leads, and completing follow-up lead information in property management software in compliance with Trinitas policies and procedures.
• Assist in keeping the office and community clean by surveying common areas regularly, reporting any concerns and/or helping with cleaning duties as necessary. This could include, but not be limited to, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, picking up trash, disposing of trash from clubhouse, offices and other amenities
• Understand, communicate, and enforce community safety, emergency, and fire evacuation policies and procedures.
• Accepts rents and deposits as necessary.
• Assist management with preparation of daily reports and resident communications.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Ability to easily and effectively engage in conversation with off-site prospects.
• Ability and demonstrated skill effectively managing competing and conflicting demands on time.
• Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, when necessary to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability and experience solving increasingly complex problems.
• Previous experience working in the Student Housing industry.
• Associates Degree
• Previous sales experience.
• Previous customer service experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Position will be performed primarily indoors, but some responsibilities will require exposure to varying weather conditions when giving tours, performing outreach, etc.
• Ability to walk on varying types of ground and for varying distances while giving tours, performing outreach, etc.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to view a computer screen and use a computer for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift 20lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to climb stairs as needed