Principal Objective of Position:
The principal objective of the Porter position is to maintain sanitation and order of both the interior and exterior areas of the property in order to enhance and maintain the community’s curb appeal and overall cleanliness. This position is responsible for maintaining the grounds by removing litter and debris and performing janitorial/housekeeping duties for assigned areas of responsibility. Areas of responsibility may include inside and outside common areas, i.e., the clubhouse, pool area, laundry rooms, fitness area, trash rooms, hallways, walkways, lobby area, parking areas, etc.
• Performs the following as needed/required:
o Removes and properly discards litter and debris from interior common areas and assists with exterior grounds maintenance.
o Window washing
o Using a Blower on curbs, walks, breezeways, etc.
o Using a power washer when necessary.
o Cleaning vacant apartments when necessary.
o Cleaning and vacuuming shuttles as necessary.
• Maintains grounds and performs routine janitorial duties in the following common areas on a daily basis:
o Pool area
o Fitness rooms
o Laundry room
o Recreation area(s)
o Receptacle area(s)
o Lobby area
o Mail area
o Any additional amenity areas not specifically noted above.
• Helps clean and maintain storage areas.
• Identifies and corrects problems related to duties as required.
• Assists with make-ready cleaning duties when requested by supervisor and/or management.
• Reports unsafe conditions or activity in and around property to supervisor and/or management on a daily basis.
• Perform light maintenance in occupied and vacant apartments when needed.
• Maintains positive resident, customer relations/service attitude
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Ability to exercise judgment and operate under time pressure.
• Knowledge of and ability to follow safety procedures using Personal Protective Equipment whenever hazards or processes of the environment, chemical hazards, radiological hazards, or mechanical irritants could cause injury or impairment through absorption, inhalation, or physical contact.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Frequent need to be outdoors (33% to 66% of the time), all conditions, often for extended periods of time.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
o Climb Stairs
o Push or Pull
o Open & close doors and cabinets
o Reach above shoulder
o Store/retrieve equipment, supplies
o Climb Ladder/step stool
75 – 100 lbs. Rare need(less than 1% of the time)
25 - 75 lbs. Sometimes need (1% to 33% of the time)
1 - 25 lbs. Frequent need (33% to 100% of the time)
Note: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Precautions taken to ensure proper lifting and carrying procedures is the individual’s responsibility.