Principal Objective of Position:
The incumbent maintains and protects all aspects of the property to ensure a safe environment. Identifies and corrects problems as required. The person in this position will perform minor, routine, and complex maintenance on property and equipment as required or requested by the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager. As a representative of this company you will comply with all safety programs and procedures as well as adhere to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to property maintenance. Timeliness, efficiency & superior customer service are critical to this position. Maintain cleanliness and order on all assignments. Procure supplies and/or parts as needed or directed by a supervisor. Perform inventory, snow removal, grounds maintenance or any other duties as required or assigned by the maintenance supervisor, property manager or corporate officer.
• Ensure the safe, efficient, effective, and timely completion of all tasks and responsibilities
• Perform preventative maintenance on all facilities and systems in accordance with manufacturer recommended procedures and schedules
• Make recommendations to Maintenance Supervisor for equipment and systems replacements.
• Physically inspects, identifies, and corrects unsafe conditions in and around property or properties.
• Removes and properly discards debris and litter on grounds.
• Troubleshoots and performs maintenance and/or repair the following on a daily basis:
• Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
• Tile, Carpet, and Flooring
• Roofing, gutters, and fasteners
• Ceiling fixtures (ceiling and exhaust fans)
• Interior and exterior lights
• Smoke alarms
• Interior and exterior structures (stairs, gates, fences, railings, walls, doors, windows, cabinets, shutters, garages, patios, etc.)
• Door locks (installation and repair); makes keys
• Boiler, gas and electric
• Water systems
• Security systems
• Pools, Jacuzzis, and pool furniture
• Performs make-ready and annual turn details.
• Maintains grounds (landscaping) in a neat and orderly manner, including the clubhouse, fitness center, study room, pool area, and all amenity areas on property, as well as the trash removal areas (trash room, dumpster areas, compactor, etc)
• Maintains an adequate inventory control and security of all tools, materials, supplies, and equipment at all times; procures items as needed.
• Performs minor interior and exterior painting.
• Perform cleaning duties as needed to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness of the property. This could include, but not be limited to, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, blowing curbs, sidewalks, cleaning dirty dishes, removing trash from offices and amenity areas, etc.
• Complies with safety programs, policies, and procedures as they relate to property maintenance.
• Adheres to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to property maintenance.
• Maintains accurate and complete maintenance service and repair orders
• Maintains awareness of utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean-outs.
• Respond promptly with courtesy and efficiency to all resident requests for repairs or maintenance, including after-hours “on-call” maintenance requests.
• Moves furniture and equipment as necessary/required.
• Properly disposes of hazardous materials in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.
• Maintains positive resident, customer relations/service attitude
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• The Maintenance Technician will regularly communicate with all necessary Trinitas Ventures employees, outside vendors and other individuals as deemed necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
• Must wear appropriate attire, including safety equipment, as designated by supervisor
• Inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff for the purpose of maintaining curb appeal.
• Assists management with preparation of daily reports and resident communications.
Learn and utilize property management software in accordance with Trinitas policy
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Certifications desired but not required
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Math proficiency sufficient to assist in budget preparation, expense monitoring and other maintenance needs
• Knowledge of Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements and applicable program regulations
• Experience in maintenance/repair of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and grounds maintenance in multi-family or commercial property.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Student housing experience preferred
• Some college preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
• Ability to operate a two-axle motor vehicle
• Ability to maintain 24-hour, on-call status
• Ability to operate all necessary tools/equipment to perform the essential functions of the position
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental safety standards
• Ability to perform a variety of duties in all types of weather